Help needed on Create a Giftpack from cutterguides

Help needed on Create a Giftpack from cutterguides

Hi guys,

Can someone help me please to get started on my new project?

What I want to do is to create a gift box from the cutterguide (attached), finally I want to map the artwork so I get a realistic 3D model! Were I get stuck now is "folding" the line to get it in the right shape (it's all 90˚, but somehow I'm missing something!?)

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• BOX VE8614 TEST.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 435
Hi guys,

Can someone help me please to get started on my new project?

What I want to do is to create a gift box from the cutterguide (attached), finally I want to map the artwork so I get a realistic 3D model! Were I get stuck now is "folding" the line to get it in the right shape (it's all 90˚, but somehow I'm missing something!?)

thanks in advance!
You could make each panel a polyplane object. The new transform tool should work great with snaping to component. I'd made each panel a compound path in Illustrator, save as a svg or pdf and import. Then add each panel to a polyplane creator.
Or make the profile a coumpound and import, add to a polyplane and make editable then use the scalpel tool to cut the creases.
Having said all that, I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else. There's a bunch of different ways to do it. Depends what you want really.

Back