Absolutely no post-work. ;)
Thanks for stepping by. :p
MoniDeer.jpg

MoniWire.jpg

Cheers
Frank

PS: added wireframe render

Last edited:
Nice! I think he means the hair looks fuzzy in some places where it goes beyond the silhouette of the deer.

Bob

Yes, that's what I mean. When I zoom in on the image I see hair, even though it's all the same length like someone used my beard trimmer on its ears and legs. ;)

Yes, that's what I mean. When I zoom in on the image I see hair, even though it's all the same length like someone used my beard trimmer on its ears and legs. ;)
... and nose - you don´t want s hair covered nose. Its just on polygon selections of course. I think there´s no species on this planet that has that. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Did you use blueprints, or just model it by eye?
I always use reference images - proportions are essential.
(Funny aside when I searched for "deer" in side view I just found images where the animal is facing the camera. At least I made a collage of what I needed.)

Cheers
Frank

I always use reference images - proportions are essential.
(Funny aside when I searched for "deer" in side view I just found images where the animal is facing the camera. At least I made a collage of what I needed.)

Cheers
Frank

Funny still, in one of my comic stories, I had to draw a deer. Had the same issues as you, Frank. However I found that if I did a search with "Deer Anatomy" most of the images were side views.
(If you're using Alfred for searches, here's what I typed in: "images deer anatomy" )

Yep, I guess that's a problem trying to find reference images. Most photographers don't want some weird orthographic view. Thanks for the search tip Mike. I'll have to remember that.

Funny still, in one of my comic stories, I had to draw a deer. Had the same issues as you, Frank. However I found that if I did a search with "Deer Anatomy" most of the images were side views.
(If you're using Alfred for searches, here's what I typed in: "images deer anatomy" )
Yes that´s what helped me out in the end - but I wasn´t looking for the boney ones. :p I´m used to use DuckDuckGo or Qwant as my favorite place to go for images as I don´t like G....´s tracking.

Cheers
Frank

Back