Create Realistic Fur in Cheetah3D v7?

Create Realistic Fur in Cheetah3D v7?

I'm trying to recreate a dragon from a children's TV show, and I'm trying to figure out how to create fur in C3D v7? Any ideas, tips or suggestions?

Attachments

• dragonFUR.jpg
    dragonFUR.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 316
Well - you need more than just 1000 hairs spread all over the mesh. You have to make polygon selections where the hair should appear.
An outstanding feature of that hair.js-script is the ability to take the UVs to texture the hair strands.
And because it´s based on UVs -from my understanding - you need geometry - the more the better. MoniDeer carries 250k hairs.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Hairy FirstAidCase.jpg
    Hairy FirstAidCase.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 292
* Furry dragons are extinct and all extant dragons have scales :tongue:.
* BTW: There are about 5 million hair follicles on the adult human body. Dragons may have a few more :frown:

Well - you need more than just 1000 hairs spread all over the mesh. You have to make polygon selections where the hair should appear.
An outstanding feature of that hair.js-script is the ability to take the UVs to texture the hair strands.
And because it´s based on UVs -from my understanding - you need geometry - the more the better. MoniDeer carries 250k hairs.

Cheers
Frank

Frank - if I send you the model (in JAS or FBX format!) and included the textures, would you mind helping me? I'm a beginner at 3D, I'm (pretty) good at rigging and animating but terrible at modeling and understanding the script terms. Where and how do I contact you privately?

Frank - if I send you the model (in JAS or FBX format!) and included the textures, would you mind helping me? I'm a beginner at 3D, I'm (pretty) good at rigging and animating but terrible at modeling and understanding the script terms. Where and how do I contact you privately?
Check your PM please.

Cheers
Frank

Back