F-curve editor V7

As this function has existed in V6 (for all I know in prior versions of C3D) I would imagine that reinstating the flat tangent should be a minor matter.
I do hope that the Good Doctor considers this request. As I pointed out, starting any transformation (position / rotation / size) with a flat tangent is the standard in in physics.
Twiddling a spline is a PITA :frown:
Thank you, Martin.

I agree, I have been very frustrated, and I did complain
Immediately after I discovered the change. :frown:

Just chiming in that I miss the ability to have a flat tangent, too. I’d be totally fine with its removal if it was possible to quickly snap Bézier handles, or even if there were some Bézier presets (Tangent → Spline → Flat etc).

Hello, I have to realize a few sequences this month. No solution to recover flat tangent on v7. I must return to the v6?
Thanks for answer.
Best regards.

:smile: It will be nice when Martin reinstates the Flat Tangent.
I did’t realize it was gone because I had put the projects in which I used it on, on-the-shelf for a while.

I have returned to work on those projects and find the Smooth Tangent doesn’t produce the desired results.
The spline tangent is very touchy and difficult work with.
The Flat Tangent was so easy and produced the desired results beautifully.

I realize Martin has enough to do right now just getting V7 officially available.
I am merely supporting the request for reinstatement of the Flat Tangent.
I will patiently wait.

Thanks for allowing me to voice my concerns.

With Respect
Jeanny

* I seem to dimly recall that the Good Doctor had planned (in a posting some months ago) to revive the flat tangent after lot of us peasants revolted.
* As mentioned by Jeanny, the spline option is a PITA :frown: . Not that Jeanny would ever use such crude language :tongue:

* As mentioned by Jeanny, the spline option is a PITA :frown: . Not that Jeanny would ever use such crude language :tongue:

See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil, :mrgreen:

Attachments

• monkeys.jpg
    monkeys.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 238
Back