Wiki in sight !

I just rechecked the rendering of search results and no, it's not my browser (which is the latest version of Chrome — I also see the issue in the latest version of Safari). Looks like you've changed the underlying markup (so now it's displaying wiki markup instead of HTML).

Also note that if I search for "script" I get 1 hit, but if I search for "scripting" I get lots.

Misspelling "Ressources" is no big deal, I was more concerned by the fact it's an image (making it harder to search, harder to correct, and harder to check).

Ok ! you are talking about the search field at the upper right corner ...
I was looking at my browse tutorials page :-/

I have no control on the search field as far as I know ; this is a native DokuWiki page. I will check the doc to see if we can customize it ; I am afraid not.

You are unlucky : the script section is the only one I didn't polish. I copy / paste HTML code from the source inside the wiki and it's bad, ... I didn't have time to do more than that. For technical reason I need to rewrite all the script pages myself... Soon I promise.

And beware : I am actually doing "bad" things with the doc, so no guaranty you will find what you are looking ...

I visited the docuwiki site and their search results are similarly messed up. Pretty disappointing.

It surprises me how little there is in the way of Wiki software, and how old and unsupported (and badly written) most of it is. Writing a halfway-decent search engine and automatically generating cross-links is hardly rocket science. You'd think that someone might at least have produced a wordpress-quality wiki app by now (a wiki seems, in many ways, like a better basis for a website than a blog).

I visited the docuwiki site and their search results are similarly messed up. Pretty disappointing.

We may create a Template for the search result page. It's a whole project and I didn't look yet ...
We may also installed a plugins there are more than 1200 !
I will have a look...

At the prehistoric age, there were Wikis, Blogs, Web Sites. Now most of those tools do the same things. You may read thousand articles that compare this one vs this other one, at the end, you write some text, put an image, embed a video...

I checked out Frank’s Tut for "Simple Temple With Splines"
Though I saw both your names on the Tutorial Chart for the “Simple Temple With Splines” Tut listing in the “Your Selected Resources” Chart
it didn’t register in my mind that it was now a collaborative effort of you and Frank.

Together you two made something good - even better.
I have a better understanding now where you are going with your Wiki Tutorial site.

Today I noticed the collaborative effort of you and Helmut produced the same.

A lot of times it is hard for a person who is very advanced in some area to write a Tutorial for beginners because
the pro can’t help but take a lot of necessary beginning material for granted.

It also seems a person who is advanced in the intricacies of a particular subject
may get carried away with providing information that will only bewilder and confuse a person at the beginning level.

Unfortunately there are also those advanced that seem more interested in feeding their ego than feeding the needy beginner.
(Fortunately we don’t have any of those in our forum.)

There is so much to learn in 3D modeling and animation that
I think anyone can miss a lot of tips and tricks and forget things they learned.

The Newbie Level Tuts section will provide not only tips & tricks and basic steps
but also reminders of the important essential steps in modeling and animating.
My needs are for the Newbie Section.

Thank you so much for feeding the Beginners what they need.
There are so many beginners at every topic of 3D.

Greatful
Jeanny

BTW: Specifically how are you quoting just a portion of a post. I would like to be able to do that also.
Thanks

BTW: Specifically how are you quoting just a portion of a post. I would like to be able to do that also.
Thanks

If you click the QUOTE button it will QUOTE all the message. I delete what I don't want :smile:
If I want to split the message I copy / paste the tag [ QUOTE = Jeanny ; 103002 ] and the [ / QUOTE ] with the portion of the texte I want.
You can QUOTE multiple message from the thread clicking on the (red) right icon of each post....

I hope the Wiki Prototype will be voted to be an official one and Martin will contact me for hosting. It's mid term as he need to stay focus on the development of the V7.

On the long term I really hope it will be an invaluable source of information, mostly for Beginner and Intermediate and why not advanced ...
This is just the beginning of the journey. it only works at 10% of it's capacity.

And keep in mind, I write it for myself too as I do the tutorials i put on the wiki :tongue:

Attachments

• quote.jpg
    quote.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 182
  • feed.jpg
    feed.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 190
If you click the QUOTE button it will QUOTE all the message. I delete what I don't want :smile:
If I want to split the message I copy / paste the tag [ QUOTE = Jeanny ; 103002 ] and the [ / QUOTE ] with the portion of the texte I want.
You can QUOTE multiple message from the thread clicking on the (red) right icon of each post....
Thanks StarCmd

I’m testing it right now too see if I interpreted your instructions correctly.

BTW: What is the implication of the "Don't Feed the Troll" Picture?

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Back