Tutorial Request: Physics simulation

Tutorial Request: Physics simulation

Hello all. I'm trying to get the hang of Cheetah's physics simulation, but I can't accomplish what I'm trying to do. I want a clear pipe that I'm passing balls into, simple enough. But in the middle of the pipe, I want a flexible 'membrane' keeping the balls on the left side from passing through to the right side. As more balls are put in from the left side, the membrane stretches to accommodate them.

What I assume this would be is a soft body cylinder with a large number of ground sections that would give it the dimensions to calculate the phsyics, and perhaps a gravitation effector pushing it from the left?--I've not used the effectors before. I've placed this inside a tube (rigid body, static), as you can see in the screenshot. However 1) I can't seem to scale the membrane to the full diameter of the inside of the tube without it exploding all over my scene when the physics calculations begins, and 2) I've not used the Anchor system, so I'm not sure how to attach the outer walls of the membrane to the inside walls of the tube.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 4.06.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 4.06.29 PM.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 238
Bump.

Sorry no one has answered yet. I've started to play around with this, but haven't had time to fully explore the problem. Would you post your file please so it may make it easier for others to test? Maybe so when else may come along before I'm able to help out.

Back