Character and Render Files

Character and Render Files

Hi, new to cheetah and translating, sorry about my english, I need some practice, I am Argentinian...

I have just download this fast cat, it really runs!! Good Job.

Questions:
1) Is there any character animation, esqueletons, etc. I guess not since I couldn't find it in the tut.
2)If not: could a scene be imported from Blender or Maya Proyects to be rendered; and if yes, up to wich type of complexity, ex: Character anim with hair and cloth, etc. Since I noticed of the "Smart Folders" uses perhaps this is posible.
2)Your cat is runing on mi Dual G5, how can I get shure that it is using them at full capabilities.
3)Where are the files rendered going, I can't find out where are they writen to since I can't enter the path either. There is something strange about this. I have been looking out at the forum and tut., also exploring the interface; I am worried about disk space...
4)Is there only one developer, "Martin" I guess, if yes: congratulations!!! the cheetah Is really cool, the interface is very intelligent!!!!
5)What about production tasks, I mean bit depth, etc. since I couldn't write the path to the render output nor the file format, just select an "export" at the "render manager" when the render is finish.
Ok, thats enough for today, the price is very atractive, I will be testing it.
Thanks

Welcome

1) Is there any character animation, esqueletons, etc. I guess not since I couldn't find it in the tut.
Not yet but it is on Martins TODO list.
2)If not: could a scene be imported from Blender or Maya Proyects to be rendered; and if yes, up to wich type of complexity, ex: Character anim with hair and cloth, etc. Since I noticed of the "Smart Folders" uses perhaps this is posible.
I don't think it can handle character animation, hair or cloth. The smart folders are smart but they are not that smart.
2)Your cat is runing on mi Dual G5, how can I get shure that it is using them at full capabilities.
Good question, Cheetah is developed in Cocoa and is a multi thread renderer, also take a look here.
http://cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=540
3)Where are the files rendered going, I can't find out where are they writen to since I can't enter the path either. There is something strange about this. I have been looking out at the forum and tut., also exploring the interface; I am worried about disk space...
When you render a scene you can click on the harddrive icon to save it.
4)Is there only one developer, "Martin" I guess, if yes: congratulations!!! the cheetah Is really cool, the interface is very intelligent!!!!
Yes there is just Martin developing Cheetah. Take a look in the script thread, there are some excellent scripts written by forum members.
5)What about production tasks, I mean bit depth, etc. since I couldn't write the path to the render output nor the file format, just select an "export" at the "render manager" when the render is finish.
In the camera properties you can set resolution depth and in the render properties you can set ray depth. The renderer output in .tiff, .jpg, .png, etc.

Hope this helps, have fun with Cheetah.

Andrew

thanks!!

:D Fast sotware, Fast reply, I like this forum, I will check everything.
Really, i don't understand a single word about software development, I am a paintor that have become a digital artist since 1998, not too much, still learning, if I can be helpfull let me know. Actually I have work experience with: Maya 5 Unltd.(SGI), Media Illusion(SGI), and since I get rid with PC's last sumer I am learning: Final Cut Studio and Blender on my G5 2.0 Dual Core PPC 1.5 GBRam.
my web: www.inter-medio.com.ar
there are some tango videos about "Carlos Gardel" linked at the end of the first page, produced at inter-medio and currently emited in a national channel. Perhaps in near future some chhetah CG will dance a Tango.
Really I am looking towards some 3D soft for my mac so I will be waiting for character anim.

thanks

Fast sotware, Fast reply, I like this forum, I will check everything.
Excellent :)
Really, i don't understand a single word about software development, I am a painter that have become a digital artist since 1998, not too much, still learning, if I can be helpfull let me know.
Thanks for the offer, having an artist on the forum is great.
I took a look at your website, you have a very nice set up.
Really I am looking towards some 3D soft for my mac so I will be waiting for character anim.
Cheetah is quick, stable and feature rich I am sure character animation is on the way. However, all the tools you will need to make stunning images and animations( just no IK/FK yet) are already available.

Have fun

Andrew

Back