How do I...

How do I...

How do i make metallic and reflective surfaces.

Can I make, or are there material libraries I can use.

A small tutorial on how to create different materials would nice. From metallic looking to glassy looking. Maybe someone on this forum can make it. And maybe when it's good enough they included it with the tutorials that come with Cheetah :wink: .

Sora.

That is an excellent idea Sora... something that would be MOST welcome indeed...

that and a set of lighting tutorials for the different lighting/shadow effects that one can achieve in C3d

Jake... you are not doing anything this weekend are you...????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers
Trevor

TrevorM-L said:
That is an excellent idea Sora... something that would be MOST welcome indeed...

that and a set of lighting tutorials for the different lighting/shadow effects that one can achieve in C3d

Jake... you are not doing anything this weekend are you...????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers
Trevor

I'm taking my Mom out for Sushi for her birthday. I don't think she will mind me working on the powerbook while she sist there and drinks Sakitinis (martini made with saki).

I already mention that I would send Sora a file with a sample of both glass and chrome so she could review the settings, but I got a little behind. Hopefully tonight.

I don't know about a full-blown tutorial though;-)

Have you made any progress Trevor?

pool.jpg

Here is a quick one I set up. I'll send the file to anyone that wants to look at the settings. Its about 5mgs though with the probe, but if your email box can handle it, I'll send it.

Below are the settings for the chrome ball and one pool ball.

chrome.jpg

poolball.jpg

One thing. Make sure you have the light that is associated with the camera turned off. I have forgotten this many times and spent a few minutes trying to figure out why everything looked odd. Click your camera icon, scroll down to render and unclick "camera light". When you add a camera it automatically comes with a light.

Jake... if you don't mind throwing the balls file this way it would be good... very nicely done render indeed...

cheers
Trevor

TrevorM-L said:
Jake... if you don't mind throwing the balls file this way it would be good... very nicely done render indeed...

cheers
Trevor

I sent it to your university address.

thanx Jake...I will have a look at it tonite...

fantastic render you did there... jeez you... and Cheetah... are good...!!!

cheers
Trevor

Nice graphic of the billiard balls.

But I still can't get it as good as you. I might be just a newbie but just wondering after looking at the graphics you posted. Is there a neater, better, simpler way to perhaps describe what you have done.
A geek might like an XML file but I was wondering if the program could perhaps show you what things are adjusted 'from the norm'

I'm mainly having issues with wrapping my square graphic on the ball
it stretches the '8' out. Not sure why.
used the media that is available here.
http://www.worldforge.org/media/documents/docs3d/tutorials/lights_reflected
Tips or better jpgs would be appreciated.
I gather we should compile these into a tutorial. Maybe exercise 4 with some really simple stuff first.
[/img]

Back