Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

Great work as usual.

It doesn't look like z chasing to me, but I did see a problem with the
"Mind Step" sign. It may need it's index of refraction set to 1.0.

Attachments

• RefracProb.jpg
    RefracProb.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 932
Is this down to too many caustic photons?

Hi Dearest Forum:

This has started happening in B7.

I seem to remember there is a limit to the number of light sources one can have:

Cheers

Andy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 16.44.59.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 16.44.59.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 802
Reducing all caustic photons on all lights to 3000 has solved issue

Well, so far it has. Still have 30mins of render to go, but the problem zone is clean this time.

How do we know when we're at the caustic photon limit?

Cheers

Andy

Shell modifier creating wrinkled inner surface

Hello Folks,

This is my first post of v7 feedback. v7 b17 has been working great for me, and I've really enjoyed several new features (especially the improved booleans).

I'm posting here first to see if the bug is reproducible / known, then I'll send an email bug report. Please let me know if that's not the desired protocol during the beta.

The attached .jas file worked as expected in v6. In v7, it displays like the attached image. (I tried varying the approximation angle on the spline, but that appears to be irrelevant.)

uq6

Attachments

• shell-b17.png
    shell-b17.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 741
  • modvase.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 319
Hello Folks,

This is my first post of v7 feedback. v7 b17 has been working great for me, and I've really enjoyed several new features (especially the improved booleans).

I'm posting here first to see if the bug is reproducible / known, then I'll send an email bug report. Please let me know if that's not the desired protocol during the beta.

The attached .jas file worked as expected in v6. In v7, it displays like the attached image. (I tried varying the approximation angle on the spline, but that appears to be irrelevant.)

uq6

I am able to reproduce the issue in v7.
I see right now you have a 'front cover' on your extrude creator, and when you turn the cover property to 'none', the problem goes away - but then you have no cover.
If you want an alternate way, there are a few I can think of. Just let me/us know. If you just wanted to report/confirm the problem then I guess you could consider that done. :)

--shift studio.

p.s. I'm not surprised that the shell modifier can't handle this shape. I am surprised that it worked in v6

Vertex color brush?

The version 7 brush tool functions of Emboss, Move, Pull/Push, and Smooth are intuitive after a few minutes of testing, but not the Vertex Color. I have read the relevant posts on the Version 7 beta forum thread, pages 11, 26, and 27, but I still don't understand what it's for. C3D is the only 3D program I use, for modeling and rendering. Is vertex painting mostly used when importing from, or exporting to, other programs?

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11802&page=11

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11802&page=26

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11802&page=27

it's probably obvious but how do I change the render resolution in this version there doesn't seem to be a way to change the setting on the camera anymore

Hi elohel
* Go to the Renderer Settings in the tool bar.
* Select Cheetah or Falcon.
* Enter parameters as required for the model.

Any plans to allow scroll preference in CH3D 7?

I would prefer a preference to scroll. I find the ALT-Scroll annoying. I have a magic mouse. Thanks!

Has there been pre-release betas being released all along, or is there just the one so far?

I wasn't sure if Martin was posting bete updates along the way.

Thanks.
Bob

The Camera resolution isn't visible until you click the Cheetah Icon, only clicking the Camera Object is not enough.
|

Attachments

• Ohne Titel.jpg
    Ohne Titel.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 643
Wow, this is great news!
I still use Cheetah constantly and I'm so happy to see it get an update. :)

Motion blur is particularly exciting!

-- GS.

Wow, this is great news!
I still use Cheetah constantly and I'm so happy to see it get an update. :)

Motion blur is particularly exciting!

It's great to hear that you still use Cheetah3D. It's quite some time ago since you posted your last transformer. :smile:

Bye
Martin

When using the Transform Tool in Gadget Mode, with snapping
set to Component, it will not snap to selected geometry.

It will only snap to geometry that has not been selected.

I hope this is a easy fix, it's a bit frustrating.

This bug doesn't cause a major problem, it's only a little
annoyance that can be worked around easily, in this case.

So no sweat if it's a pain to fix, we can live with it.

Attachments

• snapping-problem.gif
    snapping-problem.gif
    158.6 KB · Views: 300
Back