Using a Text Editor for Forum posts

Yes and yes. In fact I suspect working that way will be far more straightforward than generating a picture and uploading it. The web browser simply implements an editable field as a standard text control. Note that text styles won't be copied (the text will be copied, but the styling will disappear) so if you want to bold some text (for example) you'll need to use the tags manually:

HTML:
[b]this would be bold[/b] and [i]this would be italic[/i]

* FWIW: I use OmniOutliner as a general organiser for all sorts of jobs including IT projects, drafts, budgets, admin data and lots more. It is a row & column based tool, so you can add date stamps, status checkboxes or whatever is needed. As usual with outliners, there is a multi-level hierarchy which can be collapsed / expanded / moved to another location of the tree as required.
* It also works in conjunction with preview so searching for a keyword is simple. You can attach .PNGs, .jas documents, movies or any other file via the menu command or via simple drag&drop. The toolbar can be customised to tune the GUI to your preferences.
* Links to external documents can be opened with a double click without having to scratch around in the finder. In many ways I use it as a parallel desktop where I can cluster associated files as I need them for a specific work flow. The technical term for my modus operandi is applied chaos theory and the tool is ideally suited for that :rolleyes:
* Made by a company in Seattle, WA. Current price seems to be US$ 50 and a demo for 14d is available. If interested, download and run a trial.

Servus from Vienna :smile:

:) Thanks for replying Pod & Helmut
@Podperson: TextEdit is something I already have and sounds easy enough to implement.
@Helmut: OmniOutliner sounds like a very useful app but a bit more than I care too spend for my present purposes.

My Best 2U
Jeanny

Back