Yellowish Renders

Are you using an HDRI tag with the default image? If so, that image does tend to turn everything a bit yellow. To solve you can try opening that HDR file in an image editor that can read and write HDRs, then desaturated it to remove the color. Now you will have a nice HDR that does not introduce any yellowish tint.

If this is not the case, please explain in more detail your lighting setup and upload a sample render for us to view. Thanks.

Yellowish Renders

Yeah, I think I was using the wrong HDRI for my lighting. I changed it to something else and it doesn't look that yellow. Sorry!

Yellowish Renders

Well, now, I'm still having problems. I thought it was fixed but it's not. In 5.3 I never had this problem, but since upgrading to 6.3 my renders have been yellowish/reddish a lot. I'm using no area lights, no point lights, etc. I'm lighting directly from the HDRI file, the same HDRI files I was using in 5.3. It's just a yellowish/reddish cast in the render. Anybody know what gives?

I tried everything I can think but I´m not able to recreate what you described.
Compared 5.7 vs 6.3.2:
I doubt a different Gamma value make a yellowish rendering.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• 57VS632.jpeg
    57VS632.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 255
Yellowish render

I dunno. I've noticed that even on earlier versions of Cheetah, there was a slight color cast on my renders. Is this common or do I have my HDRI settings wrong? I'm just using the default settings. Is there a way to alter the color to get a different color cast to the render? The only things I'm changing are the power and/or rotation of the HDRI tag. Any thoughts?

This doesn´t make any sense to me and as I said I can´t recreate this behavior.
Please take an example file while in Cheetah3dv5.xx and do a save-as under a different name to your desktop.
Do a render - save as PNG.
Close Cheetah3d.
Open Cheetah3d 6.3.2 - take the new file from desktop and hit render button again - save as PNG. Compare these two renderings in render manager or with preview.app . Any differences?
Compress the file including HDRI and upload it here into the forum. Thanks.

Cheers
Frank

If you are using the Default HDR image that comes with Cheetah, it has a yellowish (some would call it "warm") impact on most renders in my opinion. The default HDRI is not perfectly white balanced. This is natural byproduct of image based lighting. To get a "neutral" render using an HDR image for lighting, you will need a perfectly neutral HDR.

If you are using the Default HDR image that comes with Cheetah, it has a yellowish (some would call it "warm") impact on most renders in my opinion. The default HDRI is not perfectly white balanced. This is natural byproduct of image based lighting. To get a "neutral" render using an HDR image for lighting, you will need a perfectly neutral HDR.
Well I thought this is the problem:
Well, now, I'm still having problems. I thought it was fixed but it's not. In 5.3 I never had this problem, but since upgrading to 6.3 my renders have been yellowish/reddish a lot. I'm using no area lights, no point lights, etc. I'm lighting directly from the HDRI file, the same HDRI files I was using in 5.3. It's just a yellowish/reddish cast in the render. Anybody know what gives?

Cheers
Frank

Back