Weird flickers when rendering

Weird flickers when rendering

I've run into this weird problem where segments of my render flicker white. It's not just the shiny parts, or the shadowy parts, but it could be either. It's only a few frames that do this, too. Has anyone else encountered this?

Version 4.6.1. Hmm, what else.. HDRI render w/Radiosity, 1920x1080 sized.. yeah, that's about it. I'm hoping I can fix it. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the specular (my spec is black anyway), and both reflective and nonreflective textures are doing it. Hmm.

Version 4.6.1. Hmm, what else.. HDRI render w/Radiosity, 1920x1080 sized.. yeah, that's about it. I'm hoping I can fix it. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the specular (my spec is black anyway), and both reflective and nonreflective textures are doing it. Hmm.

It was a while a go since it happened to me so I'm unsure how I fixed it. One way around it would be output to image sequence and fudge the white bits out in PS. Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully somebody will help out here and suggest a fix. :(

P.S. I wonder if it's an irrandiance cache issue? Martin.

Irradiance cache issue? Uh, (feeling stupid) how would I go about checking this?
--Yeah, I'm looking at fixing it in Shake or something. Hopefully I won't have to, but whatever works.

Hey,
That isn't what's happening to me. I've got frames 1, 11, and various random subsequent frames showing a portion of the image as white (aliased, for some reason). The patches follow the contours of objects in the scene, but don't always happen to the same object. Uh, I'd show you, but I need to get an OK from my employers.. none of whom are here today. Thank you though. When they get back I should be able to. Sorry...

Hey,
That isn't what's happening to me. I've got frames 1, 11, and various random subsequent frames showing a portion of the image as white (aliased, for some reason). The patches follow the contours of objects in the scene, but don't always happen to the same object. Uh, I'd show you, but I need to get an OK from my employers.. none of whom are here today. Thank you though. When they get back I should be able to. Sorry...

Send one to Martin, the developer, with a non disclosure tag. If any one can help with this issue quickly it's Martin.

Back