please help.....

please help.....

Hellow everybody

Im trying to understant and learn the ligthning setup with hdri. I like the Jake's renders and try to simulate something like that, any help please

Attachments

• test-2_117.jpg
    test-2_117.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,501
Looks pretty good to me Jose. several things help make a difference.

1. A dramatic point of view at eye level.
2. Tweaking the materials. Put a little texture on the white material.
3. Add one light to act as the sun.
3. I add trees and other things in another program, because realistic trees and landscape are really tough-for me anyway.

Try a couple of these ideas. Let your HDRI sky show on your render too.

I'm with Jake, a sun would make it a lot better. And I must say that I kinda like the trees here, are they SU trees?

Hi!
Thamks for the fast response! I will try today your suggestions. Peer, the trees are from SU with Artlantis textures in C3. I will post the new improvements
thanks.
Jose

peer said:
I'm with Jake, a sun would make it a lot better. And I must say that I kinda like the trees here, are they SU trees?

jose said:
Btw what kind of light i may include in the scene?

Any one you want.

The distant light will give hard shadows and a sun-like appearance.

The area light works good too. You can adjust your attenuation to make it nicer and a bit softer.

The spot can be used but get it far from the model becuase it doesn't give you a parrallel light. You can adjust and soften the shadow edges with a spot. See the help file.

Use a wide angle setting on your lens, get down low, make sure you have foreground, midground, and background elements to make the compisition more interesting and shoot away.

Play around with the radiosity and light settings to open up the shadow areas a bit.

Don't forget your trying to evoke a natural setting, but that doesn't mean you can't use one hundred lights and every trick in the book to make it "look" natural! What viewers don't see, won't hurt them.

Ok. I got it, but which could be the workflow? playing with the ligths and radiosity without hdri and then put the hdri?, Or adding lights after the hdri w amb. occ.?

thx
Jose

jose said:
Ok. I got it, but which could be the workflow? playing with the ligths and radiosity without hdri and then put the hdri?, Or adding lights after the hdri w amb. occ.?

thx
Jose

Use the HDRI. Check the box so you render the sky. Get the sky the way you like it and make sure it also lights your building sufficiently. This will also give you good reflection in the the window.

Add a distant light as a directional light after all that is set and adjust the intensity up or down and the radiosity up or down and see what looks best. I have been turning radiosity down to .5 or so to keep the color bleed down from one surface to next.

What kind of HDRI do you have? Is it a clear, open sky, cloudy. That will help determine your final lighting setup so it looks natural. If there is a bright area in your HDRI, make sure that your distant light is coming from that direction or they'll catch you.

The forum members have nailed me a couple times, but that's good-it keeps you honest.

Hi Jake
Here is one of the test., look the hdri Im using. How can I adjust de Hdri sky? I can't see the image in editor no matter I have the tag on. I have to wait for the render to finish....

Attachments

• tst_969.jpg
    tst_969.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,493
jose said:
Hi Jake
Here is one of the test., look the hdri Im using. How can I adjust de Hdri sky? I can't see the image in editor no matter I have the tag on. I have to wait for the render to finish....

right. You can't see it until it renders. Just adjust the intensity. Do you have shadows on? Looks different than the first.

what would be easier is if you could email the file to me and I could set the lights for you, then you could look through the settings. Is that possible?

Back