Daz import/export.?

Daz import/export.?

I finally got Daz working and exported a male figure (it onlt exports OBJ that I know about.) I imported it into Cheetah, Put all the polygon objects into a folder and tried to export the file as a .3DS file but got the messages below.
Is there a way to simplify the file I only need the one complete object in my project, not all the individual parts.(hope that's not too confusing.) Thanks

Last edited:
Hi uncle808us.
As far as I know this is a limitation set by Martin. Maybe he has to increase it;-)
So why don´t use the obj.-file-loader-exporter?

With kindest regards
Frank

Daz export

frank beckmann said:
Hi uncle808us.
As far as I know this is a limitation set by Martin. Maybe he has to increase it;-)
So why don´t use the obj.-file-loader-exporter?

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi Frank: I wanted to save in 3ds so I could open it in a folder at a later time in Cheetah. As an .obj file I have to spend a lot of time putting all the componets in a folder( 3 joints to each finger etc.)

Hi uncle808us

uncle808us said:
I imported it into Cheetah, Put all the polygon objects into a folder and tried to export the file as a .3DS file but got the messages below.

uncle808us said:
I wanted to save in 3ds so I could open it in a folder at a later time in Cheetah.

I may have missed something but I don't understand the reason you want to save as a .3DS or .obj.
If you have all the polygon objects into a Cheetah3D folder, just save it as a .jas file. First, there is no limitation in size (nb of polygons) and then you can still use the file later into another Cheetah3D project by either using the import function into a folder or by using the smart folder (version 3.x only).

By the way, the 65000+ polygon error is a normal error. I believe that this is actually a limitation of the 3DS file format. So, I think Martin can't do anything about it.

Hi Fancois.
C4d can handle 3ds- and obj-files with more than 1.000.000polygons. They are about 60-to 85MB big.

Quote: First, we increase the number of vertices and polygons that our engine is able to manage.
#define MAX_VERTICES 8000
#define MAX_POLYGONS 8000
/Quote

With kindest regards.
Frank

Hi Frank,

frank beckmann said:
C4d can handle 3ds- and obj-files with more than 1.000.000polygons. They are about 60-to 85MB big.

I think that I remember that I read somewhere that there were some tricks to go around the limitations. So, this is maybe what C4D is doing. And as I don't have C4D, I can't test. But I believe you.
Beside this, I am not an expert in the various file formats and I should have said that "I have read several times that the 65000+ error is a common error that users are encountering often".
Anyhow, Martin will certainly be able to clarify this for us when he gets back.

Kind regards

François

Daz export

Francois said:
Hi uncle808us

I may have missed something but I don't understand the reason you want to save as a .3DS or .obj.
If you have all the polygon objects into a Cheetah3D folder, just save it as a .jas file. First, there is no limitation in size (nb of polygons) and then you can still use the file later into another Cheetah3D project by either using the import function into a folder or by using the smart folder (version 3.x only).

By the way, the 65000+ polygon error is a normal error. I believe that this is actually a limitation of the 3DS file format. So, I think Martin can't do anything about it.

Great I din't know that.

Daz export

Whoo Hooo!! I opened Cheetah and put in a smart folder choose the path to the Daz.obj. Perfect. All objects are in the folder. When I change the .obj in DAZ it's updated in cheetah, Perfect!! My first try with the smart folder. works flawlessly.

And I didn´t know this:
Ok. some last words about 3ds. (ancient file format) Its a 16bit file format so 65536 means dead end. That´s it. C4D as I tested it will split the mesh somewhere somehow in parts below 65536 and put it in one folder. So François is absolut right.
With kindest regards
Frank

Back