Real Time Display of Coords

Real Time Display of Coords

Hi,

Forgive me if I have missed this feature but I can't seem to find where Cheetah displays the value of point coordinates that you are editing.

For example, I create a box, make it editable then select a coord of one of the corners. I then select transform and drag the point around. The property box continues to show the position of 0,0,0.

I understand I can open the set value window and enter a value directly for a point. That's ok but it's time consuming and takes trial an error to get right. There has got to be a way to see coordinates while you edit.

Thanks,
Ken

Unfortunately not yet.
Only way right now is activate Snapping: Raster and set a raster width to use as a quantize function when dragging.

Cheers
Frank

Martin,

Will we also able to do UV map by setting coordinates as well? Right now, I just line things up the best I can but it would be helpful to be able to set specific texture coords when doing UV mapping.

That would be helpful as I often work with texture atlas and I want to set exact coords. I've pretty much learn that I have to just line things up by eye but the often results in visible errors when you get up close to models.

Along those same lines, is there some reason the current texture isn't displayed when editing UV mapping? All I see is a while square.

Thanks.

BTW, I love Cheetah. I'm more of a programmer but I love being able to fire up Cheetah 3D and fix a model or tweak a texture when I need to.

Back