Orthographic camera renders being very weird

Orthographic camera renders being very weird

Hey all.

I've made a very simple scene in Cheetah where every object is at an integer position and have the same dimensions. This is basically in order to test a game that has an isometric view.

In order to rotate around, I want to take renders from 4 different angles. So, I created 4 different cameras, each at a standardized and equivalent position (15,15,15) (-15,15,15) (-15,15,-15) (15,15,-15). They have equal values otherwise, and are all in orthographic mode.

Now check out the absolutely wacky renders from the 4 different cameras. They appear as if they are from cameras with very different values, rather than what I put in. I can't think of any reason for this other than a software bug, or I just don't understand how they should be working.

View the renders here:
http://img507.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cityd.tif

Or go directly to each:

Also you can get the .jas file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cda1c74781a9bf7490a82c7bb0fad7ade04e75f6e8ebb871

[EDIT]
I just took the first camera and moved it to the correct positions, and that inexplicably works. Are there some camera properties that aren't in the properties menu?
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
I can't think of any reason for this other than a software bug, or I just don't understand how they should be working.

Hi and welcome,
I can see the problem with your file. However, I created a new one and didn't see the problem ... So, I'm not sure. Are you using version 4.6.2 ?
If yes, then please send your file directly to martin (at) cheetah3d (dot) de

hello

camera has a hidden parameter 'distance', that seems to affect orthographics render. you can change this parameter by click 'focus camera' icon at top-right of 3d view. but it cannot be set by numeric input.

so, I attach Tool script for it. if you're interested, please check it.

1. place it into ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Tool folder
2. select from script menu.
3. select camera you want to manage at object browser, then click 'get' or 'set' button. now you can see and change a hidden 'distance' parameter. ;)

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

p.s. I think this problem will be fixed in future version.

Attachments

• Distance Setter.js.zip
    847 bytes · Views: 239
  • Cheetah3D_sz_002.png
    Cheetah3D_sz_002.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 257
Back