x-acto knife

x-acto knife

i was wondering what would be the best way to approach this project, i am trying to make the texture like in the pic and i don't know which method will be best for creating the texture (dents) in the knife as well as for the zigzag in the middle
appreciate any help i can get

Attachments

• pd2248910.jpg.jpeg
    pd2248910.jpg.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 293
Had this in my Cheetah stuff.

Had this in my Cheetah stuff. It came from the forums but I don't know who posted it.:confused: Oh yeah Frank...:)

Last edited:
i was wondering what would be the best way to approach this project, i am trying to make the texture like in the pic and i don't know which method will be best for creating the texture (dents) in the knife as well as for the zigzag in the middle
appreciate any help i can get

For the dents, it's probably best to use a submodifier. For the zigzag, you could simply make a zig zag pattern in black and white, save it, and then use it as a texture. If you blur the edges a bit before you do it, then you'll get a smoother look. Use it in the bump map properties for your texture and increase the intensity for the bump until you get the right setting.

I love the render. I'm wondering how closely you needed to model the picture, though. Is your need to simply model an exacto knife or the one in the pic? Great job on the zigzag bumps!

Back