Light flicker

Light flicker

Hi guys, I was wondering of there was any way to change the color of an object in animation. For example: a light bulb flickering from red to blue? I've tried but can't figure out how it could be done in Cheetah?

Thanks
TerryG

Simply keyframe the color of your light source property over time.
Flickering will be kind of laborious, because you have to change it manually.

Cheers
Frank

Simply keyframe the color of your light source property over time.
Flickering will be kind of laborious, because you have to change it manually.

Cheers
Frank

I can't get that to work Frank. Changing the color of the light in each keyframe and recording. It seems it's either one color or another, not both. The best I could do was move the light back and forth, near the object and away from it. But that doesn't look so great. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
Terry

Just make a RMB click on the record key an choose "color" (at position N°7).
Simple as that.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• AnimatedLightColor.jas.zip
    16 KB · Views: 269
If it's off, and assuming you haven't tried this, make the color of light one color, hit record, go to next frame on the timeline, change the color, hit record. Make sure you have "Key All Other Parameters" turned on. That's the P near the auto key.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 355
If it's off, and assuming you haven't tried this, make the color of light one color, hit record, go to next frame on the timeline, change the color, hit record. Make sure you have "Key All Other Parameters" turned on. That's the P near the auto key.

That is not necessary! Just make a right click and record what you want.

Attachments

• RedGreenLight.MOV.zip
    229.3 KB · Views: 264
  • LightParameter.png
    LightParameter.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 354
That's a good point. It makes the animation editor a lot less messy. I don't go into that at all when doing animations (thus far), so I wouldn't have noticed. Later on, I'm sure it will matter more. Better to get into those good habits now, huh? Thanks.:smile:

If you just care about disc space=No.
If you like it clear&clean=Yes

Don't get that at all, Frank. BUT, I did it, thanks guys! Yes soooo simple. Red ball, click on materials, record. Next keyframe, click on materials and change color, record. Bingo! My little ball flashes red and green! :icon_thumbup: :smile: Thanks a million, my client will be happy, because I know this problem will be coming fast.

Back