problem with animation

problem with animation

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make this animation work?

I've tried following the manual. No need to fix it for me, but please tell me so I can know for the future.

Thanks

Attachments

• Nigeltest.zip
    191.5 KB · Views: 254
hi.

At poses section some of your poses not working.
here the tips..after you finish the poses that you want make sure you select the pelvis before you create a new poses in poses section.

How to animate..
1.set frame to 0
2.turn on key all parameter & auto keying
3.go to poses section select your first pose at frame 0 and click record
4.go frame..5.exp..select second pose..and click record..
5.repeat...the proses..

i hope you can understand this simple tutorial..
sorry my English not good.
try go to this link.
http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=4113

Attachments

• Nigeltest_B.jas.zip
    198.6 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
question

Is there a detailed explanation of how to use poses, takes and splines because I have had a ton of trouble trying to use them?

For instance, the little detail about selecting the pelvis before creating a pose is passed over very quickly. It took me many painful tries to be able to create poses because I missed that one piece of information.

Now I'm encountering tons of trouble trying to create takes and using splines. Every time I try to use a spline, my character flips backwards. When I create animation with the spline, my character rotates around the spline. My guess is that, again, there are a few small details that are unobvious and passed over lightly in the help so I am missing them.

Please let me know if there is a detailed, step-by-step instruction manual for poses, takes and splines.

Thanks,
Mike Wheaton

Wasn't there a tutorial based on the alien walk cycle? Anyone have a link? That covers takes and poses I believe.

Splines are fairly straightforward -- objects will run down them using their Z-axis iirc. Once you've figured it out, the behavior is quite consistent.

Back