Piranesi Export

Piranesi Export

Well, I know Martin isn't going to like this, but I'm going to add it to the official "Wish List".

I sure would like to have the ability to export to epix format so I can add additional materials (people, trees, etc.) to my Cheetah renders. I know Martin is busier than a one-armed paper hanger, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Hi Jake,
you won't give up until Cheetah3D has the epix exporter. :wink:

I will try my best but the wish list is still quite long so I can't predict when I will find the time to add it. But it is planed for a 2.x update.

If anybody else is interested in an epix exporter please drop a line in that thread so that I can estimate how big the interest is.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Hi Jake,
you won't give up until Cheetah3D has the epix exporter. :wink:

I will try my best but the wish list is still quite long so I can't predict when I will find the time to add it. But it is planed for a 2.x update.

If anybody else is interested in an epix exporter please drop a line in that thread so that I can estimate how big the interest is.

By,
Martin

Sorry, I'm pretty tenacious when I see a good thing. I could do some pretty neat stuff if with the Cheetah3D/Piranesi combination.

I won't bother you about it again. :cry:

Piranesi Export

Hi Martin,

Just want to second Jake's request for an Epix export for Cheetah3D.

It would be a great help.

Thanks for the great job you are doing.

Jacques

Re: Piranesi Export

Jacques said:
Hi Martin,

Just want to second Jake's request for an Epix export for Cheetah3D.

It would be a great help.

Thanks for the great job you are doing.

Jacques

Alright Jacques! We are now a powerful force of two! Martin can't possibly refuse us now!

ps. Martin is doing a great job, but I like to jab him once in a while.

export to SketchUp

Jake,

I have seen elsewhere in the forum that you manage to get files back and forth between SketchUp and Cheetah3D.

I have tried Cheetah's .dxf export - the file opens in other programs but nothing is visible??

While waiting for SketchUp 5's improved import/export capabilities can you tell me how you get this to work? Is there some secret to Cheetah's export settings?

Thanks very much in advance,

Jacques

PS Martin, still want that Piranesi export! :wink:

Re: export to SketchUp

Jacques said:
Jake,

I have seen elsewhere in the forum that you manage to get files back and forth between SketchUp and Cheetah3D.

I have tried Cheetah's .dxf export - the file opens in other programs but nothing is visible??

While waiting for SketchUp 5's improved import/export capabilities can you tell me how you get this to work? Is there some secret to Cheetah's export settings?

Thanks very much in advance,

Jacques

PS Martin, still want that Piranesi export! :wink:

I don't go that direction that often. It's usually SketchUp to Cheetah.

I just tried a simple DXF and it worked fine going into SketchUp. Materials may be a problem. I'm on a mac, would that make a difference? SketchUp 5 is going to support .3ds import so if dxf doesn't work then we will have to wait for 5 to be released.

Martin is kind of working on it (I think). He has been in touch with the folks at Informatix.

Back