No area select of node handles?

No area select of node handles?

Why is it that you cannot area select node handles on a spline but you can area select the main nodes? Is there a reason for this behavior?

Attachments

• AreaSelectHandles.jpg
    AreaSelectHandles.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 261

Select all does the same thing, so if you want to select all
points, you won't have all control points selected as well.

I thought typically you can't even select / adjust multiple handles manually? You can't do this in any 2d vector app that I know of. At least without a plug-in you can't.

Hopefully I'm not confused by what you're asking for though.

* @ Bob: Could you give a brief example where a multiple handle selection would be a time saving trickery?
* Of course, n>1 handles can be easily selected, albeit manually. And yes, the spline editor (Bezier at al) is not perfect.
* Well, it is as perfect as we all are :tongue:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 19.05.03.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 19.05.03.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 233
Is there a reason for this behavior?
What are you trying to achieve with such a selection?
(I´d wish we can paint select node handles - one can dream.)
BTW: we vector veterans are usually use nodes into-a curve and out-of-a-curve:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SplineRegular.png
    SplineRegular.png
    6 KB · Views: 230
Here is where I would like to use it instead of switching views to perspective selecting each individually (shift select each) then moving the view to right view and then then moving both the handles,

Attachments

• Handles.jpg
    Handles.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 228
This isn´t going to work; you will change the corners as well - still not sure what you´re after. Have you tried to simply select the 2 points (paint select) and scale along Y-axis to give you some suitable result?

Cheers
Frank

I don't know how to be any clearer I want to see my changes in the side view. so I want to area select the handles in the side view and move them in that view. (which I cannot do I understand that)

Exactly; just shift (or alt)-select. And you can´t determine in that view what´s a point and what a handle - what you already know I guess.

Cheers
Frank

* Simply switching to quad-view may be of help.
* Select handles in a view where you can "see" both, T/ransform plus drag in side view so you can monitor the resulting distortion of the corners.
* A few useful KB-shortcuts allow for easy toggling if you need a full view-port.
Servus from Vienna

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 10.15.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 10.15.48.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 10.19.01.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 10.19.01.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 206
Back