Limit an objects rotation or movement

Limit an objects rotation or movement

Is it possible to limit an objects rotation or movement.

Rotation example: rotate a bone (or any object, really) to a certain point and stop it from going any further. Say, it can only move 45 degrees or just to a certain point.

Movement: Can you have an object stop at a certain point, as taking a plane and a cube and have the cube not pass through the plane, but stop righ at the position of the plane.

Hope all that makes sense...

Thanks.

Bob

1 I believe you can do this with the IK Angle Constraint Please see 1st attached screen shot for more information
2 You can Also Record (Key in) the position changes. Please see 2nd attached screen shot and jas file.
3 I tried to see what I could do with Ridged Body Tags but haven't achieved it yet.

Hope someone can help you better.

My Best
Jeanny

Attachments

• IK Angle Constraint.png
    IK Angle Constraint.png
    423 KB · Views: 217
  • Keyed Position Changes.png
    Keyed Position Changes.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Positon Control.jas.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 175
Thanks for the info!

The IK Constraint just works with IK. I know that sounds dumb, but I couldn't use it on a single bone that's not part of an IK system. But, it's a useful tag nonetheless!

The position/movement constraint I was hoping for more of a situation where I can't physically move an object past a certain point.

I was thinking of using it in a walking situation when the foot falls are all kept
on the same "floor" position and not allowed to pass through it.

Bob

Back