Sheeld needs to be bended form inside

Sheeld needs to be bended form inside

Hi, I've made captain america's shield. But it's flat. Can anyone give me a tip how to bend the shield so it's more natural?

Here the file and texture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6z4jp7ebrr4v3d/shield3d.zip?dl=0

test_shield.jpg

Thanks!
Gille

Last edited:
You can try to compensate your "wrong" start with the wrap-modifier in spherify mode (you need to reset the scale issue first) - but to be honest why not start with the half of a sphere, scaled down to a shield-like form - extrude the colored rings and give some depth with the shell-modifier? So much easier.

Cheers
Frank

You can try to compensate your "wrong" start with the wrap-modifier in spherify mode (you need to reset the scale issue first) - but to be honest why not start with the half of a sphere, scaled down to a shield-like form - extrude the colored rings and give some depth with the shell-modifier? So much easier.

Cheers
Frank

Great tip. Thanks Frank. I'll post the update.

Here´s a very quick hack:
But you can apply the star of course too and bend the circular shape via the spherify-modifier - made editable before adding depth to it.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• CAmericaShiel.jpeg
    CAmericaShiel.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 279
I agree I'm a Frank fan. He usually has a good way of seeing things, and has helped me immensely thru out the years. (Thanks Frank)...:smile: :icon_thumbup:

And I´m a big fan of splines. :p If you familiar with the tools you can maintain the whole profile with it:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• CA_Shield.jpeg
    CA_Shield.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 263
Already lots of good answers. Another simple approach might be to use your original disk and try the magnet tool, set for a large enough diameter and circle profile.

Back