Textures won't load on object???

Textures won't load on object???

I don't get this the textures just will not load on an exported object (using the script) never had this problem before. The .jas file loads with the textures just fine but when I import the object file the textures are not there. I can't figure it out. I have enclosed the file with the texture. If anyone would care to give it a try.
Thanks

Attachments

• Control Panel.zip
    578 KB · Views: 217
I had the same issue with OBJ on OS X 10.11.2 but it seems to work again on 10.11.3 for no apparent reason.

Don't know why the obj is not working.
Same here. I can´t get it to work with your file - I tried all I can think of; no luck.
I made a new file from scratch with all that multiUV.js script trickery I guess you were using and it works as expected. (But I don´t know why you go with separated objects instead of one that the script outputs.)

Cheers
Frank

Same here. I can´t get it to work with your file - I tried all I can think of; no luck.
I made a new file from scratch with all that multiUV.js script trickery I guess you were using and it works as expected. (But I don´t know why you go with separated objects instead of one that the script outputs.)

Cheers
Frank

I rebuilt and no problem.
Somewhere I f'ed it up.
I never thought to use the scrip output object I will give that a try.Good point.

I aways just wrote the uvs to the old group (the button was there) then I save the pdf from the new group and deleted it. Not sure what my thinking was.
Is there an advantage to using the newly created group. Just wondered. as for what the problem was I have no idea.

I found the group just convenient. You can use import children ad the UVs and assignments still work I found out.
The only thing I´d find hard is to paint the "scale" to the case UVs without seeing the knobs. ;)

Cheers
Frank

I over come that by painting a guide in C3D first same size as my texture will be usually 1024x1024.

Attachments

• Guide.jpg
    Guide.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 209
Just make a screenshot in front view and try to line it up in your painting/drawing software like so for instance:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SnapshotOverUVtemplate.jpeg
    SnapshotOverUVtemplate.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 209
Back