2007 Aerostar

2007 Aerostar

I have been working on this, and it is not done yet. It is what I think an Aerostar would look like if it was still made today (brush guard optional)

redaerostar.png

Hi,
Very cool! Just a couple questions.

1, Are the treds on the wheels a textue or 3D.

2, Is the head light glow done in cheetah.

3, Is it all one pollygoneobject.

Maybe you should add the Subdivision Modifier.

Greg

1:The treads on the wheels are a texture with a bump map

2: The head light glow is done in Cheetah by actually designing them like real headlights. The front glass is nearly but not quite completely transparent with a bump map to attempt to simulate light scattering. The inside of the headlight is a near perfect mirror and the lights are placed inside the headlights.

3:It is actually many polygon objects, divided by region so that as I edit them can turn them on and off in the editor. May of the interior details are being done after the exterior has been finished, being that the inside must fit INSIDE the exterior with no overlaps and edges meeting at proper locations.
each polygon object is inside a folder named stuff like "body" ,"headlights" ,etc.

4: I have not done a subdivision modifier at large because I prefer precise control and some design features are going for a sharp look. I agree some coners do need a little rounding. However, the bubble look is dated and it actually made gas mileage in real cars worse (created a wake behind the cars that created friction on the car, sharp edges sometimes help break the airflow).

But anyways that you for your comments. As I said it is still a work in progress. There is a lot of interior work to be done as well as some texture and bump mapping along seams and the edges of panels.

I think the paint and glass are just about right, had to do a lot of tweaking there to get the right tinting and reflection.

Back