heatwave in UK

heatwave in UK

So with a bit of time to spare and no swimming pool near me I thought I build my own.

A test using sketchup to texture and messing around with the reflection texture attributes of the water.

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
dillbro said:
Hi, great image luke. What are your settings for the water?

thanks
dilbro

Thanks for the comp

herewith the material settings and the textures which a couple are defaults in sketchup...Pool-water and Water-pool are the same and the .tja is the same as the the .jpg posted

Have fun

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 714
  • Water-po.jpg
    Water-po.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 724
  • Bump-Sheet.jpg
    Bump-Sheet.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 703
So refreshing...

luke Bocchinelli said:
So with a bit of time to spare and no swimming pool near me I thought I build my own.

A test using sketchup to texture and messing around with the reflection texture attributes of the water.

Regards

Luke
It's been in the 90's F here in Annapolis USA. So your pool looks very inviting.

Hi.
Was summer 1984 in LosAngeles. 100°C Fahrenheit in we were laying next to or in the pool, stayed with the "supertramp"-guys. And the planes were writing to the sky;" Fire by arson". Now we have 37°C Celsius here in Hamburg - nearly the same, if we could have that beautiful swimmingpool here. Love it.

With kindest regards
Frank

I haven't even got a garden and the sea is too cold in England , even in Devon !

But my picture helps me dream

Regards

Luke

ps: final version with a distant light to add a bit of warmth...

Attachments

• pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Let me first say outstanding image Luke. Great water. Very refreshing!

The one thing I would change is the tile around the pool. Typically the hexagonal tile that I'm familiar with is only about about 3/4" of an inch across. The size of the tiles really throws me for a loop.

The rest of it is fantastic.

Back