How to connect a bunch of edges to a new point?

How to connect a bunch of edges to a new point?

I'm sure this is very easy, but I've just spent 20 minutes searching and reading docs, and I can't find it.

I have a dish shape (polygon mesh). Now all I want to do is connect the rim of the dish to a new point, which I'll place in the center and a bit above the dish, forming a sort of "tent." (This is to make a convex collision mesh for use with Unity.)

I know how to ring-select the edges on the rim of the dish, but I can't find the tool (which must be there somewhere) that says, "Create a bunch of new triangles between the selected edges and the point in space which I'm clicking."

Can anybody point out what I've overlooked? Or some other way to accomplish it?

Thanks,
- Joe

I´m not sure if I understand what you´re after.
You can use bride-tool to generate the geometry in-between for instance:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SinglepointBridge.jpeg
    SinglepointBridge.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 253
Yes, that's exactly what I want to do! But how did you manage it? If you mean the Bridge tool, I looked at that, but the docs say it's for connecting two polygon groups. I don't have two polygon groups here... I tried using it anyway, but when I click in empty space where I want all the new triangles to come together, Cheetah just beeps at me.

Aha! I think I see how you did it. First you used Insert Point to create a new vertex; then you used Bridge to connect the rim to that new point. Brilliant!

Thanks,
- Joe

Hi Joe, Frank may have thought you had the point already.

Attachments

• Dish-Tent.gif
    Dish-Tent.gif
    97.3 KB · Views: 251
Back