More photorealistic

I tried playing with the UV Mapper tool but as
usual when working with UVs, my brain hurts! :confused:

I was able to unwrap and apply the front label.
And I made a few cuts to simulate the box top.
Also added a render tag with "Filter Textures"
unchecked, as novolume suggested, plus
a background gradient and HDRI.

I'm sure Frank's way is a better way to go, but maybe
I'll do a video showing how I blundered through this.

Hello: ZooHead Good Job!!!:p

I try to make is, But is bad:confused:
I have two on the image. TK

Attachments

• GE IC 01.jpg
    GE IC 01.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 288
  • image.png
    image.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 290
Come on; Call the UV-mapper - click OK at center projection - now simply use the transform-gadget to scale the orange cage till it meets the outer boundary - write UC coords - done. If you have 6 materials for the 6 sides that´s the way to go. If you want one template for all 6 sides set seams and do an unwrap as you would do with a simple box.

Cheers
Frank

OK, now I'm getting it. :cool:

Attachments

• GE IC UV Mapper.jpg
    GE IC UV Mapper.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 283
Hello: ZooHead Good Job!!!:p

I try to make is, But is bad:confused:
I have two on the image. TK

Thanks kondou, I have a video coming to illustrate this, maybe by tomorrow.
The color match is easy, there is a Magnifying Glass on the color picker panel.

Attachments

• Color Panel.jpg
    Color Panel.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 277

Thanks kondou, I have a video coming to illustrate this, maybe by tomorrow.
The color match is easy, there is a Magnifying Glass on the color picker panel.

This forum is great! Awesome stuff, can't wait to see video Zoohead:icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

Rich

Doing product renderings is one of the things I use Cheetah for, so I gave this a go. The elusive part is that the product is a box - sounds simple - make a box and slap some artwork on it - which is absolutely fine for a quick test. But it's not just a box - it's a folded box - AND - you seek the illusion of "reality." There are no quick "tips" (in my opinion) to get you there from scratch. It's a lot of little decisions in sequence and a process of refining with each render. I remade this box several times because something failed along the way - but it is now at a place where I am pretty happy with it. File is included (with lighting AND set piece) and is pretty much ready to go with any NEW art work. There some short comings with this model - but I believe it will get you where you need to go -- Cheers

Attachments

• Box-Supplement.jpg
    Box-Supplement.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 271
  • InnerCleanse-rev5.zip
    523.6 KB · Views: 251
Doing product renderings is one of the things I use Cheetah for, so I gave this a go. The elusive part is that the product is a box - sounds simple - make a box and slap some artwork on it - which is absolutely fine for a quick test. But it's not just a box - it's a folded box - AND - you seek the illusion of "reality." There are no quick "tips" (in my opinion) to get you there from scratch. It's a lot of little decisions in sequence and a process of refining with each render. I remade this box several times because something failed along the way - but it is now at a place where I am pretty happy with it. File is included (with lighting AND set piece) and is pretty much ready to go with any NEW art work. There some short comings with this model - but I believe it will get you where you need to go -- Cheers

WOW! That look fantastic Rene!! :smile::icon_thumbup:

I've been running through the process to fine tune my method
for a video, and I'm trying to keep the time under 10 min.

It may take a few more tries before I get it right, but it's coming along.

Attachments

• Better Box Flap.jpg
    Better Box Flap.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 277
Back