Objects missing in rendering?

Sir, if you think the im&export scale inputs are for decorating use only or for just extending the lines of code, while thinking the developer get paid for the amount of lines, you can take it as it is. You were the guy telling us about the needs of scaling&measurements from day 1 here.
As far as Architectural modeling pay very close attention to scale on everything. If you model in Cheetah pick a measurement like centimeters, because the program lends itself to metric measurements, and get out a tape measure and measure real world objects. Also, the book Graphic Standards is the go to resource for measurements.
And now you load a model of a house in a size you will need a Scanning electron microscope when it were real. I can´t tell you the technically reason, just guessing these triangles just too tiny for the raytracer maybe.
And while you were able to set the near clipping of the camera I´m hoping you will increase the import scale factor to 1.000 for this model. :cool:

Sir, if you think the im&export scale inputs are for decorating use only or for just extending the lines of code, while thinking the developer get paid for the amount of lines, you can take it as it is. You were the guy telling us about the needs of scaling&measurements from day 1 here.

And now you load a model of a house in a size you will need a Scanning electron microscope when it were real. I can´t tell you the technically reason, just guessing these triangles just too tiny for the raytracer maybe.
And while you were able to set the near clipping of the camera I´m hoping you will increase the import scale factor to 1.000 for this model. :cool:

Unfortunately there is a language problem because I don't understand a word you said.

Is it a problem with the software or isn't it? Just a simple yes or no would be fine. Perhaps Martin can say what is happening in terms I might be able to understand?

Hi,
it can come to numerical problem if you either have extremely small or extremely big polygons. But that is something I have to improve for a feature I'm working on. So that Cheetah3D will handle this cases more robustly in the future. Nevetheless it will be always possible to get beyond floating point accuracy.

In the meantime do what Frank said and import the scene so that in comes in at a reasonable size. And with reasonable I mean that you don't have to zoom in or zoom out heavily to see your model nicely.

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
it can come to numerical problem if you either have extremely small or extremely big polygons. But that is something I have to improve for a feature I'm working on. So that Cheetah3D will handle this cases more robustly in the future. Nevetheless it will be always possible to get beyond floating point accuracy.

In the meantime do what Frank said and import the scene so that in comes in at a reasonable size. And with reasonable I mean that you don't have to zoom in or zoom out heavily to see your model nicely.

Bye,
Martin

Okay, I will do that. I still don't understand why you can see it in the preview yet it doesn't render.

Thanks Martin.

Back