SPLINE EXTRUDE Problem

SPLINE EXTRUDE Problem

Hello Everybody!

I'm new to 3D, and new to Cheetah, but I like it very much. Hope my problem is quite simple to solve, but i couldn't find out how.

I import an svg path to cheetah, this is a logo, containing letters, and graphics. I try to make it 3D with the extrude function, it works well. But in the case of for example a letter "O" i have two splines. If i give an extrude to the outer circle of the "O", and turn on the front, and back cover it doesn't look like "O" because the hole / the inner spline / is missing.

This was just an example, i know that the best way is to use Text tool to make a 3D text logo, but i have the same problem, when the logo consist the contours of some kind of graphics.

I don't have Illustrator, i converted simple jpg to svg by an online service.

Best regards,
Dezs

Hi Dezs.
You just have to make the two splines for the "O" shape one "combined" path.
You can try the following: Select the 2 splines by "group selecting" belonging to the "O" one by one. Copy&Paste each part. Now drag one onto the other in the object browser and go "Import children", delete the "Children". (If it won´t start to work; Group select the inner circle and go "Reverse sequenze".) Now you can add this "combined Path" again via "Import Children" to the logo paths.
If you encounter any difficulties, feel free to post the file, or drop me a line.

With kindest regards
Frank

Last edited:
I tryed all i could...

Dear Frank!

Thank you for your quick help, but unfortunately i couldn't fix this problem yet. I feel i tried every logical way. May be there is some kind of problem with the source svg file, i don't know. I attach the cheetah project file now, if you have a few minutes to check it, it would be a major help, i have to do this job somehow. Funny, i'm new to 3D, and i start with a concrete job to do,... straight into the middle..., but that's the way now.

Best regards,
Dezs

/ Or i could even delegate you to do this job ...... /

Attachments

• Beguiner in trouble.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 269
Hi.
That was a 2 min job.
So here you go.
BTW: All of the splines were doubled, I guess one for the outline and one for the fill path.
If you like to understand I can fire up a quick video tutorial on that.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• UNIQUAReviewed.jas.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 277
Victory

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kindness help, which is very useful to me!!! If you have some extra time, the tutorial would be nice. Until that i will check what you exactly done on this file.

Thank you very much, again!!!

I don't know if you work for the company Cheetah3D, but i never had this kind of support on any software related problem before! / working in the music industry /

Best regards,
Dezs

Hi!
Thank you very much for your kindness help, which is very useful to me!!! If you have some extra time, the tutorial would be nice. Until that i will check what you exactly done on this file.
I made a small video about 2MBs, nevertheless too big to be accepted by the forum software. So I can send it too you by request.

I don't know if you work for the company Cheetah3D, but i never had this kind of support on any software related problem before! / working in the music industry /
No, I´m just the guy who made the icons&logo. Sad to hear about your support experience.

With kindest regards
Frank

There's a new thing happening in software -- the cottage industry + user community. Independent developers (sometimes individuals, sometimes tiny companies like Panic) who develop first rate products and provide spectacular support. Instead of expecting to turn a program into a billion dollar empire, they just want to be decently successful and produce one or two excellent products.

Part of it is open source -- it's pretty much impossible to build a new, spectacularly successful software product today and make billions out of it because it will have an open source clone within a year or two. So instead of the "gold rush" mentality of the 80s and 90s you have folks who are happy to make decent money.

I think you'd find that if you used a cottage industry music package you'd get similarly excellent support. The established players have too many customers and/or are too arrogant to provide excellent personal support.

Back