Blueprint Resolution

Blueprint Resolution

I'm trying to use an image that is 5000x2353 as a blueprint... I figure higher resolution image = higher resolution in the display, however this is not the case. As shown in the attachment the image still shows up blurry in the blueprint. I'd like to get nice crisp lines in this display so my edges line up properly when modeling. What do I need to do?

Jeff

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 310
Hi.
Is 5000x2353 the original size, or are you just scaling from somewhat 500x1000? Looks like a lousy jpg.
In my simple example the pic is about 792 x 594 at 150dpi and of 67.0 KB weight.
So where you get the big size from?

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• BPrint.jpg
    BPrint.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 268
The 5k x 2.3k is the original size. It's a PNG, see http://www.csee.usf.edu/~craighea/misc/example_bp.png for the image. The file is ~500KB and is quite crisp. That's why I posted the sample in the last message, because it does look quite crappy. :D I do have it scaled to 25x12 in the scale settings for the blueprint, but I don't see why that would cause any scaling inside Cheetah that would result in a crappy looking bp.

Jeff

Hi,
Cheetah3D doesn't use the full size texture for preview in OpenGL but a scaled down version. A 5kx2k texture wouldn't be supported by many graphics cards by the way. Many graphics cards have a 2kx2k limit.

But it is on my todo list to support higher res textures in the future.

Bye,
Martin

So by scaling the image to 25x12 it scales the low res image up, making it blurry? So the solution is to maybe model at a smaller size and then scale by some factor?

Jeff

Back