How do I Merging two or more polygons together

How do I Merging two or more polygons together

In other programs, like Maya and Strata you can merge two or more shapes that intersect together to make one solid polygon. How can this be done in Cheetah? I'm sure its in the help guide but I'm not a patient man. :D

You can merge two objects with the "Boolean" creator object. To see how it works check out the explanation in the "Boolean" chapter of the manual.

By,
Martin

HELP! I'm trying to get a PNG to wrap around bath tissue
and be transparent, but I'm getting a blank image right in the middle.
I took an cylinder and split it but cant get the image in the middle of the package. Is there a page with more info on it for importing images?

Hi Bearweav,
I also read your privat message and you propably didn't assign UV coords to the middle of the packaging. I don't know exactly how you've created the packaging but some polygon tools don't create UV coords automatically. Check out the documentation of the UV Tag to see how you can assign UV coords to the middle of your packaging.
After assigning the UV coords the texture should appear correct.

By,
Martin

Thanks Martin! That was what I needed. We have to do pallet illustrations and send them out of house. If I can get Good enough at this I can start doing it in house and maybe get a full time gig. I will work on getting into the Tutorials and cover the manual stuff, this was just a push to show that your program can get the Job done, and to get it purchased before you get up in the price of Maya and LightWave. Plus if you can't tell I like to jump right into things before getting into the manual and out of all the 3D programs I have tried, Yours has definitely been the easiest to get into. Thanks again for the help and once we get the higher ups satisfied I'm sure you will be hearing from Georgia Pacific on a purchase. If not them, as soon as I get a new mac I will be purchasing it.

Barry J. Weaver
Production Artist
Georgia-Pacific Corporation
Consumer Product Group
(404)652-4879[/code]

Hello!
I'm also currently trying to merge poly objects with the boolean operator, it works ok with spheres and cubes, but it's giving no or horrible results with poly planes.
Is there any workaround?

Regards,
Francois

Booleans work on solid 3D objects, not on 2D objects.

If you want to perform booleans on 2D objects you're best off using Illustrator, Intaglio, Inkscape, or some similar program -- or a high end modeler that supports operations on 2D geometry (some high end 3D modelers let you do things like slice a 3D form with a 2D scalpel, and so on, too).

Hi! Thanks for your answer, but actually I don't want to perform a boolean operations of any kind. I just want to "group" objects as they were one single polygon object so I can edit one UV map for everything. (For exemple, I want a sphere on a ground consisting in ONE poly object that have one texture map and UV map for the ground and the sphere at the same time).
I just would like to know if there is an equivalent to maya's "combine" operation.
The only thing I found in cheetah doing that, is the boolean operation in union mode, but seems to have some limitation.

Hi.
Make your day with "import Children".

With kindest regards
Frank

Aunt Edith says: "Since v7 it is called Merge and will maintain material assignments"

Last edited:
Back