Strange behaviors Opening several files

Strange behaviors Opening several files

Willing to feed my CPUs for the next 24 hours, I tried opening several files and launching all the renders at once.

Honestly a render manager would be more convenient and resource efficient.

I encountered the following strange behaviours :

1/ One of the files did not want to open until I changed the order of the files opening.
2/ One of the files did not show all the objects in the 3D view and render. Relaunching C3D and opening the file alone first fixed the issue.
3/ For all opened files the Take pane was not showing properly in the usual layout. I had to activate or create a new layout with the Take pane to force the pane displaying correctly.

After 5mn opening and closing files, creating new layouts, I managed to have all my files opened correctly and rendering.

Could any of you see some reasons to those behaviours ? Any limitations somewhere ?

Thanks

Pierre

Could any of you see some reasons to those behaviours ? Any limitations somewhere ?

Pierre,
I'm not aware of any limitations. Martin can certainly better answer this. I have never seen a problem like this. If your files are not too big and the problem can be easily reproduced, it's better anyway to send them to Martin for further analysis. Try to include a loading sequence showing the problem.

Hi,
I've never experienced that. I made some tests opening a few files at the same time and it worked fine.:confused:

Did you open the files in seperate windows or did you import them?

Bye,
Martin

Did you open the files in seperate windows or did you import them?

I have opened files in separate windows, each of them calling many files through Smart Folders.

I'll try renewing the operation with the same files and some others to see if it was linked to my computer state or to better characterize the bug.

Back