Background in Motion-

Background in Motion-

Is there any way to have a movie of some kind as the camera's background 'image'? Or is there a way (within C3D) to add a model into an animated background,... like an aircraft flyover, for instance?

Yes, I know I can do something like that with an HDRI background, but I'd like to use a .mov or MP-4.

Movie-texture node resp. for camera background is one of the most wanted feature request regarding the wishlist - so be sure Martin has an eye on it. :p

Cheers
Frank

I believe Todd Rogers has composed a script for this purpose. Never having used it, I can not comment on the features. It seems to have been updated in the middle of last year so it may be compatible with the current version of C3D. The search option in the header should guide you to some threads on the script.
Cheers

Last edited:
This may be totally useless to your project, but:
* When I did require an animated background for a fragment of an animation I used iMovies "Picture in Picture" option.
* The "real" movie was the background stuff, the PiP was the relevant C3D fragment (alpha channel).
* Unfortunately, I can´t find the stuff, but it worked like a charm. Of course, in my case, both animations were (essentially, congruent) C3D models which I simply overlaid, so the composition was simplish.

Cheers from Vienna

Back