Modeling help me get started, please

Modeling help me get started, please

Hi everyone,

I got C3D almost a year ago but haven't had the time to use/learn it until now.
I just bought the new video tutorials and even though it's probably a good start for many it still doesn't show how to think/do when creating different objects.
I've made some rooms in SketchUp earlier but i only have the free version of SU so i can't export those and bring them into C3D :(
I'm now trying to make rooms like in SU in C3D but are totally stuck on what and how to do.

I tried to follow the "Making a simple building" video tutorial in the "Master List of Tutorials" thread but it goes very fast without showing what tools being used and never shows how to draw inside walls and openings.

Could any of you gurus make a little screen cast movie of you making a building/room like this?
Just so i can see what tools you use to build walls and so on.
I know it's a lot to ask but i need to see how things get done to learn and get me started.
I've seen some amazing work from the community here and really want to learn how to model and set up nice scenes in C3D.

Attached images are from Sweet Home 3D and is what i want to achieve in C3D.
I've managed to make outer walls and some inner extrude to get thicker walls... but now totally stuck, how to make some inner walls and windows?

Best regards / Johny :confused:
00000083.png

00000082.png

Hi everyone,

I got C3D almost a year ago but haven't had the time to use/learn it until now.
I just bought the new video tutorials and even though it's probably a good start for many it still doesn't show how to think/do when creating different objects.
I've made some rooms in SketchUp earlier but i only have the free version of SU so i can't export those and bring them into C3D :(
I'm now trying to make rooms like in SU in C3D but are totally stuck on what and how to do.

I tried to follow the "Making a simple building" video tutorial in the "Master List of Tutorials" thread but it goes very fast without showing what tools being used and never shows how to draw inside walls and openings.

Could any of you gurus make a little screen cast movie of you making a building/room like this?
Just so i can see what tools you use to build walls and so on.
I know it's a lot to ask but i need to see how things get done to learn and get me started.
I've seen some amazing work from the community here and really want to learn how to model and set up nice scenes in C3D.

I've managed to make outer walls and some inner extrude to get thicker walls... but now totally stuck, how to make some inner walls and windows?

Best regards / Johny :confused:
00000083.png

00000082.png

http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2121&highlight=building+house+tutorial

Try this it should help. Good luck :smile:

Hi Johhny,
I've never tried it myself, but I believe you can export a Sweet Home model as an OBJ, then import that into Cheetah.
Might be worth a try, if it's easier for you. Not to say that it wouldn't be worthwhile to learn it in Cheetah though.

Erin

Be warned it will come into Cheetah HUGE! so You have to set your import object setting low I can't remember what though.

Wow thank you Frank :icon_thumbup: :razz: :tongue:

I'd love to see more things like this in the Tutorials forum.
See and do is much easier for me (and probably a few others).
Frank, would you mind posting your file? how did you light your model and did you use a plane under your model with standard grey color?

Would be great to see more JAS-files from different environment setups on how you make a nice lighting setup and render it with nice shadows.

Thanks everyone else for posting tips as well :icon_thumbup:

Yes i've tried the SweetHome3D to obj and then into C3D but SH3D is very limited in what you can do and the imported model has an insane amount of layers :frown:.

Back