72590a08713eb3983b5fa5a75597f1b8.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 633
  • 2fcfe88cbe7ff1b5245f3bdfedd5d480.jpg
    2fcfe88cbe7ff1b5245f3bdfedd5d480.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 640
  • c85cc3112c6683f618a8865e82a133a2.jpg
    c85cc3112c6683f618a8865e82a133a2.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 659
On the last image with the camels in the desert. I am assuming that is not an HDRI sky - is it a Skydome? I seem to always lose my sky when I add a Fog Tag to the camera. How did you get the Fog to dissipate as the perspective goes higher into the sky? This is a great effect.

That could be done in any number of ways. Most likely the renderer in question (whatever it is) is smart enough to take any background image into account when calculating fog or turbidity--the bg image would simply be layered at the bottom of the rest of the effects. It also wouldn't be too hard to do this via Photoshop. Lay the render (with sky alpha'd out) on top of the sky. Then in between the two place a vertical gradient from fog color to full transparency.

Going back over this thread, I still like Silaeb's original image the best, and yes it would be an awesome style for a game (I think I've seen a few games in similar styles).

Seen this already? http://dmesh.thedofl.com/
It has an OBJ export implemented - the result is a triangulated plane - though fun; image rendered in Cheetah3d - not sure if this makes sense. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Nice one, thanks Frank! I've actually looked around before for something that would do something similar but for quads instead. Kind of a mix between posterize and mosaic. I never really found anything that would do that though.

:cool:

I find the best part of this app is how it colorize the polygons underneath. If you have Illustrator there is a free script which will do it on polygons (I can´t test it - just got the info from this tutorial)

Cheers
Frank

PS: it´s easy to do it with quads inside Cheetah3d.

I find the best part of this app is how it colorize the polygons underneath. If you have Illustrator there is a free script which will do it on polygons (I can´t test it - just got the info from this tutorial)

Cheers
Frank

PS: it´s easy to do it with quads inside Cheetah3d.

Thanks for the links. Interesting stuff. I was just looking for something to aid me as reference material for modeling it in quads in C3d! It's not really necessary, but would make it easier (for me) to see where the edge loops should occur. I suppose I should just print out any image I'm going to model and sketch the loops by hand would work also. :icon_thumbup:

Back