Grapher.js (function plotter)

Grapher.js (function plotter)

Hi,
the attached polygon object script can be use to plot some simple mathematical functions.

The script supports normal arithmetic operations like +-*/ and the following built in mathematical functions: abs(), ceil(), cos(), exp(), floor(), length(), log(), max(), min(), pow(), random(), sin(), sqrt(), tan().

You can use the script to generate objects like the one shown below. The sample file which was used to generate the screenshot comes with the script.

I hope you have some usage for it.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-22 um 18.45.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-22 um 18.45.34.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 641
  • Grapher.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 616
WoW - this is great Martin - thank you!!!!

I'm not much of a math wiz - I'm having to summon my highschool algrebra and PreCal lessons to begin playing. The built in functions look pretty diverse as well - I'm going to have to play with the "random()" function ;-) and see what comes about.

Looks like it could be good to create parts of a mesh that need some of the surface dynamics that math can provide.

The "t" can be keyframed - which means we can have a graph animate over time - awesome!!!

Also it works perfect with Particle Mesh - which means I can have Objects layout on top of the Graphic Mesh (with particle tags) and pretty much animate the whole thing (see images).

Lots of potential - will be interesting to see what I can apply this towards

Thanks again for a great script!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 9.07.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 9.07.58 AM.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 597
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 9.08.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 9.08.54 AM.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Hi,
if you could explain how using it, i'll be glad,
thank you

Hi,
to install the script you just have to download it and copy it into the following folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Polygonobj/

Restart Cheetah3D. Now you can access the script via the "Tools->Scripts->Polygon script->Grapher.js"menu command.

Please see also the "Executing a Script" chapter in the Cheetah3D Help files.

Bye
Martin

Hi,
to install the script you just have to download it and copy it into the following folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Polygonobj/

Restart Cheetah3D. Now you can access the script via the "Tools->Scripts->Polygon script->Grapher.js"menu command.

Please see also the "Executing a Script" chapter in the Cheetah3D Help files.

Bye
Martin
Hi Martin,

Thank you for answering.

ok! i suppose that my English , now,became really bad...
cause i do not ask how to install a script, or how execute a script,
but just how obtain the different results which appear on page "Grapher.js (function plotter)" cause when i load it, and put random numbers, nothing happen...

I should have writing:" if you could explain how using it, to obtain same results as yours ..."

My fault, i do not ask well my question.

Regards
Hervé

PS: Martin, with Cheetah 3D, you have creating a wonderful software which is able to "almost" take the place of C4D for a tiny little part of C4D price...
Congrats

Last edited:
Hi Hervé,

I should have writing:" if you could explain how using it, to obtain same results as yours ..."

the script comes with a sample file called "sample.jas". Once you've installed the script you can open the sample file properly. The sample file contains the 4 examples shown above.

PS: Martin, with Cheetah 3D, you have creating a wonderful software which is able to "almost" take the place of C4D for a tiny little part of C4D price...
Congrats

Thanks.:redface:

Bye
Martin

Hello Martin, everybody,

would the formula's from this web site work in your Grapher script?

Some of the parameters might require adjusting - renaming, or other changes.

http://www.atlantis23.com/ei_parmsurf/parametricsurfaces_catalog.html

That's not possible yet. But only some small modifications are necessary to create such shapes. I will soon release a updated version of that script which will allow more complex shapes.

Here is a screenshot of the upcoming script.

Bye
Martin

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-28 um 16.35.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-28 um 16.35.50.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 557
Back