Newbie needs help - Make a longer animation

Newbie needs help - Make a longer animation

Hey

Is there away to extend the animation time?
Like make the reb bar in the timeline longer than the 1.0?

Also how do you export the animation to a .mov? and is there an option to export as a swf?

Thanks

Re: Newbie needs help - Make a longer animation

orbit said:
Hey

Is there away to extend the animation time?
Like make the reb bar in the timeline longer than the 1.0?

Also how do you export the animation to a .mov? and is there an option to export as a swf?

Thanks

Grab and drag to the right with your cursor.

Re: Newbie needs help - Make a longer animation

orbit said:
Thanks

Hi,
Once the animation is rendered just click onto the "Save" toolbar item of the Render Manager and enter the file name in the opening save panel.

Sorry but export to .swf is not possible yet.

By,
Martin

wow thanks for the quick feedback :)
Guess ill have to stick to short animaions tho, because my old g3 cant render them very fast lol

Also is there anyway to change the font when using the text spline?
[edit] Its in the documentation sorry
Once ive added a solid colour material to my text is there away to add a black boarder / outline to it?

orbit said:
Once ive added a solid colour material to my text is there away to add a black boarder / outline to it?

Yes, you can make that.

In the "Axe" tutorial I describe how to add different materials to one mesh. But to use that technic you first have to make your 3D text editable with the menu command "Menu->Object->Make editable". Now you have a polygon mesh and you can assign different material to all the polygons. In your case you can assign black to the outline.

With help of the "Ring select" tool you can select all the boader polygons with just a few mouse clicks.

There is also a small description of how to do that in the "Material Tag" section of the documentation.

I hope that helps.

By,
Martin

I'd like to support the notion of .swf export

I'm a Flash and OS X user and have been thinking about learning a 3d app. I'd also like to see the ability to export swf.

Thanks for writing Cheetah. It looks like a great affordble app to learn 3d with.

Noah

Hi,
thanks that you like Cheetah3D. But writing a vector renderer which is neccessary for .swf export is not planed for the near future. Sorry. But I first have to complete the tools I've already started.

By,
Martin

Back