HDRI Backround Question

HDRI Backround Question

Have a look at this image -- I've unchecked the "Background" field in the HDRI tag, but the HDRI image still shows through the glass -- I've got Alpha channel checked for the glass material -- if that helps. Any way to keep the lighting, but remove the image completely?

Attachments

• HDRBackgroundPic.jpg
    HDRBackgroundPic.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
I also have the same problem when rendering cars with glass. You can still see the HDRI background. I think a Renderingtag could be useful. *off-topic* BTW. Martin is it posible in the near future to use tags on materials. This way I don't have to assign a rendering tag to all my glass objects. In some cases it could be 50 or more. That's not so efficient. btw 2. I'm also curious what the new material system will look like. Any spoilers Martin? *on-topic*

Regards,

Peter

So, I gave this topic a bump because the problem still exists. There wasn't any reaction from Martin on this topic, but maybe he already has a solution.

Regards,

Peter

Hi,
sorry I porbably oversaw it. I could add a property to disable HDRI reflections and transmissions if there is really a need.
But if you have no background and no reflections than it is almost pure Ambient Occlusion.

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. I think if you could make such a feature it would be a big help to a lot of people. Would be nice to see it in a future update! Thanks again!!

Regards,

Peter

Back