a simpler Aluminum texture?

a simpler Aluminum texture?

I've come up with a sort of aluminum texture for this dental tool. Due to a high radius of blurred reflections, rendering times are tremendous. I do have HDRI lighting, radiosity (amb occlu.), and depth of field making this a bit heavy, still rendering times weren't too bad. But when I cranked the angle for blurred reflections to 15, I get a nice aluminum effect but i'm likely to grow old before my 30 sec anim is done.

I need a simpler aluminum texture.

thanks

Attachments

• Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 287
but what if i want crisp reflections on my other objects, won't blurring the enviro take away all those tasty reflections?

If you want to crank up different settings that each multiply rendering time by some factor you're going to have to pay.

The trick is to figure out what you don't need or can fake or do some other way and then do so.

In some other thread someone was rendering an entire scene at 2x 1080 resolution because he MIGHT want to use Ken Burns effect.

This is why people who make films have a process called "pre-production" where they actually plan what they're doing in advance.

I see what you mean. I've found how to fake DOF in AE, will try that because you're right, DOF is killer on render times.

I've also blurred my HDRI map as suggested, instead of using blurred reflections, and this also works fine whilst reducing render times.

Back