Maya to Cheetah3D

Maya to Cheetah3D

I have some models in Maya that i want to import in Cheetah. The only format that I had any success with is OBJ. If my individual objects are in Maya layers, then and only then do they show up as separate objects in Cheetah.

But in Maya I don't have every single objects in layers. Anyone know how I can export/import my geometry without having to put every single objects in layers?

thanks

Attachments

• Picture 13.png
    Picture 13.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 361
Hi,
please use FBX for the file transfere. It maintains object transformations and hierarchies.

Bye,
Martin

>>2c

Martin, I've always had ex maya fbx files come into cheetah with their transforms reset to the origion, did that behaviour change in a recent update?(I dont bother with Maya anymore)

-thats why I brought it up those other times, with wheels that dont go round and eyes that dont blink...I havent tried this for a few months though
/2c

AC

Hi,
please use FBX for the file transfere. It maintains object transformations and hierarchies.

Bye,
Martin

This is by far the best I've tried. All my object are in separate layers, however their position seems to have shifted slightly, nothing dramatic, but I noticed that there's quite an extensive set of options in the FXB export dialog, is there something I should've selected for all my objects to retain their position?

Thanks

Back