How to make a broom?

How to make a broom?

Hello,

Continuing to learn C3D, and loving it. I have a quick question, and could not find a prior example in this forum. I am trying to make a broom. Nothing fancy, just something like this:

broom.jpg

My questions is:

How do I make the bristles? Ideally each bristle is an individual element.

More than one of the C3D experts just making a broom and posting it, I'd prefer if people gave me a few tips/tricks to do this and I'll try to make it myself.

Thanks,

Quick broom

Couple of boxes a cylinder and the hair script.:smile: I don't know how to use the hair script too well but I think you can get curlier bristles.I don't know what or how to use all the settings(hint for a tutorial).

Last edited:
Thanks all!

That worked wonderfully. Thanks all.

Will post finished broom in a bit.

One question, how do you tweak the "density" of the hair, i.e. filaments / sq. cm?

Regards,

hi,

I tried it with Hair.js script. please check attached file.

if you want hair cut, you have to edit manually after 'Make Editable' (right one). in this case, it is very easy ( select all points of each hair last with Marquee Select Tool, scale Y to 0, and move Y ). actually, you can customize the script by adding hair length option or something.

One question, how do you tweak the "density" of the hair, i.e. filaments / sq. cm?

doesn't have any parameter 'hair count' nor 'density' for saving culculation time. :p one polygon makes one hair [implant type: faces], and one point makes one hair [implant type: points]. so, you can control it with adding Subdiv modifier to base object. please check how it works with attached file.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

• brushSample.jpg
    brushSample.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 223
  • brushSample.jas.zip
    162.2 KB · Views: 239
Back