Attaching two pieces of geometry

Attaching two pieces of geometry

Hey All,

I hit a speed bump this evening. I'm sure there must be a simple solution but I cant find it.

I've been working on 2 parts of my character as two separate pieces of geometry but now that I'm ready to stitch them together I can seem to find a way to attach them to create one .

I tried a Boolean, but when converting that back to geometry it turns all my quads into tris.

Whats the secrete?

Jay

Its OK, I found the "Import Children" thing, which then it seems you can collapse back to be a single object with "make editable".

Not very intuitive ;)

Note that if you import children you should delete or "turn off" the children afterwards. Making the mesh editable just deletes the children (which you may not want to do).

I agree that the whole import children thing is one of the clumsier things in C3D, but every 3D program has its flaws :-/ (I consider 3D Studio Max to have the best UI of any 3D program out there, but Max costs 30x as much as C3D (probably more if you consider upgrade pricing and frequency), has a nasty license policy, and doesn't run on a Mac.)

Last edited:
Back