strange display

strange display

I don't know what I've done, but every time I put this end piece into the symmetry creator, it displays as being in polygon/edge mode even if I am in object mode and even if I have a different object selected. (As you can see in the image I have the frame piece selected and the end piece is in the Symmetry creator - shouldn't it display as simply shaded like the other end, the cushions and the legs?!)

I imagine it won't affect output at all, but it is rather strange and persists even though I've quit and re-opened the program a couple times.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

thanks

Attachments

• sofa.jpg
    sofa.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 248
  • HoratioSofa2.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 254
Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Well, at least only Martin can. I have to go back to version 3.4 to get a view&behavior as expected. Honestly I have to say that I don´t use the SymmetrieCreator and if you like to apply the SymmetrieModifier instead you will get the desired result.
(I´ll send your file to Martin for an inspection, if you don´t mind)

With kindest regards
Frank

Thanks Frank,

The only thing about the sym. modifier is that I can't figure out how to make it work around 0,0,0 (global centre point) instead of around the object's centre point.

As far as sending the file to Martin - of course! Thanks.

derek

The only thing about the sym. modifier is that I can't figure out how to make it work around 0,0,0 (global centre point) instead of around the object's centre point.

Simple thing. After you attached the "Symmetry Modifier", go in point/edge/ploygon mode, select all points/edges/ploygons and move them along the desired axis. In "Object mode" again will move the twins at once.

With kindest regards
Frank

Back