Help needed with spline tracking

Help needed with spline tracking

I am brand new to Cheetah 3D, just bought it yesterday. I have been using 3ds max for years though. I am attempting to animate a camera along a spline and cannot seem to figure how to find and use the Spline Tracking Tag, or any other tag for that matter. I know it is probably something fairly simple, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome.
And yes it´s simple. Please have to look in the examples folder, that comes with Cheetah3d. One is called "SplineTracking.jas" and the other "Spotlight.jas" regarding the target tag.

With kindest regards
Frank

I have a model of a cell. As I close in on it with the camera, I need certain parts to become transparent so I can go into the cell. Then more parts go transparent until all that is left to be see in the chromosome.

Does that make sense? It is tricky for me to figure out as I am still getting the grasp of the timeline used in Cheetah3D. But, I WILL figure it out!! lol I am determined!

Hi.
Just a quick hack:

That is definitely the basics of what I need to accomplish. Is that complicated to do with Cheetah 3D? I know there is always a learning curve when moving from one 3D program to the next. I am finding it frustrating setting keyframes in the timeline still! I know... I will find a tutorial on that as well. So, is there one on the transparency?

Thanks for all your help... you Rock!

Hi.
I know that is basic. Nevertheless here is the jas file.
2 things though: If you want to key properties of materials check the "P" for Parameter beneath the animation keys. And I do allways make a rightclick at the (red) record button to key just what´s going to be changed during an animation. So you will get a clean timeline - in my eyes.
Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TransWarp.jas.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 249
Frank,

I cannot tell you how much you have helped me through this learning curve already! I am going to go attach it now to see if I can make it work. I will post some of my stuff so you can see what your help has assisted in achieving.

Natasha

Back