poly2spline scrip normals?

poly2spline scrip normals?

I've been playing with the poly to spline script then using the sweep creator.
I get polygons with fliped normals I'm to lazy to select all the faces and use the polygon tool (flip normals). But if I have to I will. any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi.
Honestly I don´t know why this happened, but for the good news, it´s easy to fix afterwards.
Just go topview and area select the parts as shown; reverse sequence will do the rest. Change to perspective view for selecting the other 2 rows. So there are 3 area selects/reverse sequences. Not too bad. :p

Regards
Frank

Attachments

• ReverseSequence.jpeg
    ReverseSequence.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 304
Thank you.

Thank tg_jp. I will try the new script today, Thank you for the good work.:smile:
And I also thank Frank for his help past and present. Thanks guys.
I thought I was finished but I have one more question.

Last edited:
hi,

2Spline.js script makes one spline for one edge. so, all joints are separated ( script can't know how 2 splines should be connected, because many patterns there are. :p ) . for those spaces, if you want rounded corner, you need create some polygons for each corner joints. or, if you use Rect profile for Sweep creator, use negative margin value of Polygon2Spline.js script.

here is a sample. please check attached file. this file requires Polygon2Spline.js and Point Array.js scripts.

ch_20080227_p2s_bap.jpg

the left red one is copying a ball for all corner joints with Point Array.js script.
the right one is using negative 'margin' value that Polygon2Spline.js has.

there may be more smart way to make a such object...

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

• polygon2Spline_sample.jas.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Hi Hiroto.
Thanks for your scripts.
Point_Array is pure fun.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments