Is there Render size limitation?

Is there Render size limitation?

I want to use Cheetah for a professional job but I need to render a very large image for print...like 5000 pixels.
Does cheetah have a limit to render size?..if so what is it
Also..is the size of the image i can import as a texture limited?
I need to import a label and render it on some packaging..but I need high resolution
Thanks kindly

Maximum size is (currently) 4096x4096 pixels. This is already quite big. Keep in mind that with full radiosity, lights, shadows, refelction and maybe HDRI it can take a couple of days even to get something rendered. I rendered an interior with reflective floor, two arealights with shadow a direct light with shadow, HDRI and full radiosity at 4096 x 4096 pixels, and that one took about 31 hours to render on a dual 2.5 GHz G5 with 1.5 RAM. This scene could have been somewhat optimized but ah well. If it worked out, post some pics in the gallery section!!

Regards,

Peter

Awsome...thank you...the help file still says half of that.4096 is fine!
I'm not using all the fancy rendering stuff...straight raytrace with a couple of lights so I think it will be fine.
Out of curiosity..can you tell me the basic approuch to using the extended rendering features....Does radiosity require a HDRI background and how does
global illumination relate to both of those?

Cheers

Radiosity doesn't need an HDRI. HDRI does need radiosity though. For global illumination I think you have to use an hdri map. This gives the most realistic results I guess. Take a look at the tutorials as well.

Regards,

Peter

Back