display options

display options

in the object tag and also the editor styles we can choose between shaded and wireframe display.
but i think it would help to read a mesh better if there was an intermediate option, best with a slider.
50/50 is not as helpful as 75/25 (25/75) as demonstrated below, adding a little shading to a wire gives better understanding of the structure as adding a little wire helps making sense of a shape.

bild-3-13-21-50_kopie+.gif

Pretty much anything is possible in OpenGL -- the entire Mac UI is drawn in OpenGL in a sense. But even if you mean "easy in OpenGL" the Blender edit view -- on the linked page -- (and Silo's views) are all done in OpenGL and they have translucent polygons, hybrid views, and displayed normals.

I assume Archie is referring to this (Blender) screenshot (Blender is a cross-platform OpenGL program so... it's not only possible in OpenGL, it doesn't require any Quartz magic):

http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8917&stc=1&d=1260980338

(Sorry I linked it rather than inlined it but this forum won't accept img urls that don't end in .png or .jpg or whatever.)

That said, I think Martin is very proud of how *fast* C3D's refreshes are. Frankly, I doubt many folks are modeling 10M poly scenes in C3D, so a slower but more *useful* edit view would be preferable.

Back