Material problem

Material problem

Help please! I have just entered the world 3D animation with this new Cheetah V4 package. However, I have hit a stumbling block at the very first sitting.

Having followed the first two tutorials word for word, with success, I now find that I cannot add a selected material to an object. The icon keeps snapping back to the materials bar.

8 hours later and I’m no further forward – any suggestions for this frustrated beginner? Have I done something to prevent the attachment of materials to objects?

Any thoughts are very welcome + any idea of a good resources for other tutorials.

What kind of object are you trying to add a materials to? You can add materials either by dragging the material on to the object in the 3D view or onto the object in the object browser.

Andrew

Thats exactly it. The tutorials went fine first time round. Now I'm going over them again I can't even get them to work.

I've tried simply dragging the materials icon to the 3D object (ball) or to the objects browser but the small icon flicks back to the materials browser. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Hi,
your are probably using a version older than Cheetah3D 4.3 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Leopard introduced some porblems into these older version of Cheetah3D. But these problems are already fixed in the current Cheetah3D 4.5.1. So please download the latest version of Cheetah3D from my site.

Bye,
Martin

Back