How to get rid of seams?

How to get rid of seams?

I searched the forum but did not find anything on getting rid of seams in my textures. after making seams and unwraping the uv's then painting my pdf uv texture when I render I see the seams in the texture. Is there something I can do so these don't show up? Thanks.
Also I am in the dark about pinning UV's can someone enlighten me?

Last edited:
Hi,
you have to use a seamless texture. Seamless textures are textures which can be tiled endlessly without having any seams.

Pinned UVs are used when you unwrap a mesh. If the UV coord is pinned it can't be moved anymore by the unwrapping algorithm. These pinned UVs can them be used the stretch the UV coords mesh like a piece of rubber.

Bye,
Martin

This changes the texture map.

Hi,
you have to use a seamless texture. Seamless textures are textures which can be tiled endlessly without having any seams.

Pinned UVs are used when you unwrap a mesh. If the UV coord is pinned it can't be moved anymore by the unwrapping algorithm. These pinned UVs can them be used the stretch the UV coords mesh like a piece of rubber.

Bye,
Martin

This changes my texture map I use gimp and when I change the texture map to seamless it defeats the purpose of painting on the UV.pdf. maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

Back